tisdag 30 december 2008

My Subway Franchise

Ok this was my latest attempt at my so called ''financial freedom''. My first move was to goto the Subway website, which wasn't so terribly difficult and then all i did was send an e-mail to them saying my name and where I live and all that good stuff. I thought it was a sign that this time things were going to go my way when the next day the Subway guy called me!!!!! It turns out that they too had the idea to open up a Subway in the neighborhood I live in. The Subway representitive lets call him ''Steve'' was on his way to my town the nex day to check out a ''lokal'' to rent out for Subway's next ''possible'' and best (because I would be running it) location.

I received a couple of e-mails containing some financial information about how much money I would have to make in order to ''break even''. But who the hell wants to just break even??? So I took the budget I got from the Subway guy to my teacher in the business school I attend and asked him to check it out. It turns out that if the things written on this buget were true I would be working my ass off for years before I would actually start making money!! Not to mention that the location that the Subway guy had picked out wasn't in such a good location and the rent was pretty high!!

I didn't give up yet. I thought that if I could find a better location then I would have a much better chance at succeding. There was one location that I knew would make me ''cash money'' It was right across the street from the most famous fast food place in the world (you know which one I mean) but the problem was that the space was already occupied by a video store!! This excited me, because as we all know with the downloading penomenon all video stores are on their last legs (just look at blockbuster) and this was no blockbuster. It was just a regular run at the mill mom and pop video store. So I took a chance and I went in and asked them point blank if they had any plans of moving out any time soon. And I'm so glad I did!! They said that they had just put it out on the market for rent the day before!!!

Wow what luck the location I wanted was now available, besides the fact that I didn't have a dime to my name and the Subway guy kept mentioning the fact that he wanted me to go and talk to the bank (probably because he didn't want to waste more time on me answering my many many questions if I couldn't get the cash) I was in business. Things were once again lookin up!! Then came the nail in my Subway coffin, a bidding war broke out on my perfectly located video store. The last I heard the price to have the priveledge to start paying the €2,000 a month rent was over €60,000. I still have not totally given up on my sandwich dreams but for now I'll have to put it on ice.

Maybe you could have better luck. It seems like a really good company to work with, and when and if I ever get the money to get it started I'm all over it!!! So here's the link http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/index.aspx check it out maybe it's something for you!
It costs about €100,000 to get it started if you can take a loan and got some people you can trust to run the place you wouldn't even have to work there yourself (that was my plan) and from there it on to buying your next location and then the next and the next and the....well you get the point!!

Here's a little somethin

Bob The Idea Man

Inga kommentarer: